Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Awful Truth

Dear Diary

The other day I was wondering of a way to express creativity by minimal resources.
So, I grabbed my camera and I started to explore such ways...

Problem : How to cast a soft-light to a small object, in less than 5 minutes, by using only one light source, your camera and a tripod.

Note: I have used a Nikon D300 for the shooting. ISO 200. Focal length 200mm. Exposure info provided for every snap.


F36 - 15" (white light on the right side)


F5.6 - 2" (white light on the right side)

F36 - 6" (white backlight)

F36 - 30" (blue light on the right side)

F36 - 20" (blue backlight)

F36 - 30" (blue light on the right side)



And the awful truth...




So, obviously in my case the solution to the problem was an iPhone casting the light (there are several free "flashlight" apps that let you set color and even intensity of the light)

That's all for now...

I have to wash some dishes I guess :P

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics