Friday, December 26, 2008

The Miracle of Aviary !

Ok. When I first heard of Aviary I really thought that this would be another brilliant idea that simply couldn't work as it was promised... I was so wrong.

The idea of an online creative suite for digital image editing is not new, but you MUST try Aviary to see what is all about. Rich in features, fast, super quality results and clever design make everybody re-think about the future of processor-intensive software and realise that it is possible to be done online.

Supported by one of the most active and well-respected creative communities, worth1000  the suite has gained popularity.

Meanwhile, what makes aviary truly special (except of the features that are light-years ahead of competition) is that that the whole suite is offered absolutely free to the public (is kinda "trust-ware" i.e. they trust you will pay for the software you are using whenever you think that you are ready to produce serious work with it, but no one is going to bother you if you don't.

At the time I am writing these lines, Aviary offers 3 online tools:


But the guys are currently working on some more...


So, Phoenix is your photo editor (and believe me it can be a PERFECT substitute of Photoshop for beginners or even semi-professional users. Supports all goodies such as layers, adjustments etc and of course is non destructive.), Toucan is your colour manager (believe me is one of the best you can find [free or commercial] and last but not least Peacock is your effects generator. You actually have to use it to believe it. It's a clever node-based workframe that can produce mind blowing effects. Everything is parametric here and can be connected, combined and interact with everything for endless possibilities (trivia: it even supports capture from your webcam!).

Finally the open-source-minded community on their site offers every project created online so that everyone can have access to the "source files".

Is truly an amazing achievement and I just thought that this probably will be the future of software in the years to come.

Give it a try and I can assure you that you will be not disappointed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi restless mind!

I think you show peculiar and interesting things! I believe I have read something about a fun way of keeping a camera still in your blogg but I can't seem to find it. Have you removed it or do I just have to learn how to search better?

// a reader

Anonymous said...

It was I who had to search better! ;) Found the cameratip..

Greetings;

// a reader

Alladinian said...

Thanks a lot for your comments. I appreciate it.
Sorry I didn't respond faster but I was kind of bussy for bringing you many more tricks !

Regards

Vasilis

 
Clicky Web Analytics