Sunday, April 5, 2009

Finally... an alternative browser to do the job !

Dear Diary,

Yesterday while I was stumbling through some mac-related websites, I came across an application called "Stainless".
So, what's so special about it?

As far as I know is the only web browser that supports session-aware bookmarks and parallel sessions. Practically, this means that you can actually have multiple tabs for the same service using different credentials (for example, you can have 2-3, or as many gmail boxes you wish, open at the same time, each one for a different e-mail account). As for bookmarks, you can have for example a bookmark pointing to your facebook and another one pointing to your girlfriend's facebook (of course in logged-in mode), if you use the same machine.

For me, it's a lifesaver because it means that I don't have to log out anymore from my personal gmail account just to check my work's info_something@gmail.com one.

Furthermore, it's free and very very light and responsive.

Definitely worth having it on your mac.

You can download it here

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics